tweeted news of a collaboration with Justin Bieber: “ME and @justinbieber got a BANGER/SMASH record for all the fans out there at the top of the NEW YEAR!!! 2011 #BREEZYTAKEOVER,” he wrote. Bieber, for all intents and purposes, scooped him on Twitter in October, when he tweeted “kinda hyped rt now. for a new single teamed up with one of my friends and an artist I used to sing covers of on youtube. BIG RECORD. SMASH!!,” followed by a link to him covering Brown’s “With You” in 2008. On paper, this collaboration makes more sense than the Rascal Flatts duet Bieber also has planned, but I can’t be the only one who took a beat to think about Brown, who was convicted of assaulting his then girlfriend Rihanna, singing to Bieber’s young female fans. Will I dance to it? Yes. But they’re gonna have to market this one carefully. It can’t look like it’s better image rehab than Brown completing his court-ordered course on domestic violence, which he tweeted about four days earlier on Dec. 21. “I have enough self respect and decency to be proud of accomplishing this DV class.. Boyz run from there [sic] mistakes.. Men learn from them!!! thx,” he wrote. Too soon, or right on time?Does this make anyone else slightly uncomfortable? On Christmas, Chris Brown
Posted December 27 2010 — 1:21 PM EST
- Warren Beatty's 'Rules Don't Apply' to premiere at AFI Fest opening night
- 'Hamilton': Watch 13 of the best #Ham4Ham performances
- Barb from 'Stranger Things' to join Archie reboot 'Riverdale'
- Jimmy Eat World share soaring new rock song, 'Sure and Certain'
- 'Arrow': Thea makes date plans in exclusive season 4 deleted scene
- 'Warcraft' director is 'equally proud and furious' about the film
- Apollonia makes surprise appearance at 'Purple Rain' screening