descending at midnight in Times Square (first reported by PopEater). In a statement to EW, the Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, co-producers of Times Square New Year’s Eve, confirm the stunt is a no-go: “It was never intended or requested for Snooki to be in the actual New Year’s Eve Ball in Times Square. The request to have her in a separate ball on a set-back roof came too late and was too impractical to fit in to our outdoor events.” MTV has not responded to EW’s request for comment on whether it’s seeking a new location for its ball, or if the idea itself has been dropped.It was too good (or bad) to believe: Jersey Shore star Snooki will not ring in the New Year on MTV from inside a ball
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio to play multiple personalities in The Crowded Room
- Blood, Next, Heaven, and more ambiguous film titles that confuse Google