descending at midnight in Times Square (first reported by PopEater). In a statement to EW, the Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, co-producers of Times Square New Year’s Eve, confirm the stunt is a no-go: “It was never intended or requested for Snooki to be in the actual New Year’s Eve Ball in Times Square. The request to have her in a separate ball on a set-back roof came too late and was too impractical to fit in to our outdoor events.” MTV has not responded to EW’s request for comment on whether it’s seeking a new location for its ball, or if the idea itself has been dropped.It was too good (or bad) to believe: Jersey Shore star Snooki will not ring in the New Year on MTV from inside a ball
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade