descending at midnight in Times Square (first reported by PopEater). In a statement to EW, the Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, co-producers of Times Square New Year’s Eve, confirm the stunt is a no-go: “It was never intended or requested for Snooki to be in the actual New Year’s Eve Ball in Times Square. The request to have her in a separate ball on a set-back roof came too late and was too impractical to fit in to our outdoor events.” MTV has not responded to EW’s request for comment on whether it’s seeking a new location for its ball, or if the idea itself has been dropped.It was too good (or bad) to believe: Jersey Shore star Snooki will not ring in the New Year on MTV from inside a ball
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!