descending at midnight in Times Square (first reported by PopEater). In a statement to EW, the Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, co-producers of Times Square New Year’s Eve, confirm the stunt is a no-go: “It was never intended or requested for Snooki to be in the actual New Year’s Eve Ball in Times Square. The request to have her in a separate ball on a set-back roof came too late and was too impractical to fit in to our outdoor events.” MTV has not responded to EW’s request for comment on whether it’s seeking a new location for its ball, or if the idea itself has been dropped.It was too good (or bad) to believe: Jersey Shore star Snooki will not ring in the New Year on MTV from inside a ball
- Official Prince tribute concert planned for October
- Donald Trump is 'supposed to be on a comedy show,' says 'SNL' star
- 'Broad City' stars address Stephen Colbert as colonial women
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc