In a swell match of actor and character, Kevin Spacey bites into the role of real-life ex-lobbyist and convicted felon Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack. This hyperactive dramatization (by the late director George Hickenlooper) of how Abramoff and his cronies played crooked money and power games for so long in Washington, D.C., is tonally scattershot and more than a little heavy-footed. But then, so were the real cons from which Abramoff profited while the flimflam worked. C+
SOME RESTRAINT, PLEASE! Kevin Spacey plays Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack (Ken Woroner)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jon Lovitz, Barry Pepper, Kevin Spacey, Graham Greene (Actor), Ruth Marshall; Director: George Hickenlooper; Release Date Wide: 12/17/2010; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted December 30 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters