In a swell match of actor and character, Kevin Spacey bites into the role of real-life ex-lobbyist and convicted felon Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack. This hyperactive dramatization (by the late director George Hickenlooper) of how Abramoff and his cronies played crooked money and power games for so long in Washington, D.C., is tonally scattershot and more than a little heavy-footed. But then, so were the real cons from which Abramoff profited while the flimflam worked. C+
SOME RESTRAINT, PLEASE! Kevin Spacey plays Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack (Ken Woroner)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jon Lovitz, Barry Pepper, Kevin Spacey, Graham Greene (Actor), Ruth Marshall; Director: George Hickenlooper; Release Date Wide: 12/17/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Play 'Pac-Man' around the world in Google Maps
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Linda Lavin to return to Broadway in 'Our Mother's Brief Affair'
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' aren't quite weird or lonely enough
- A few theories on who Caity Lotz will play on the 'Arrow'-'Flash' spinoff
- Beastie Boys' Adam Horovitz gives relationship advice in 'Ask a Grown Man'
- 'Ellen,' 'GH' lead Daytime Emmy noms
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!