In a swell match of actor and character, Kevin Spacey bites into the role of real-life ex-lobbyist and convicted felon Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack. This hyperactive dramatization (by the late director George Hickenlooper) of how Abramoff and his cronies played crooked money and power games for so long in Washington, D.C., is tonally scattershot and more than a little heavy-footed. But then, so were the real cons from which Abramoff profited while the flimflam worked. C+
SOME RESTRAINT, PLEASE! Kevin Spacey plays Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack (Ken Woroner)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jon Lovitz, Barry Pepper, Kevin Spacey, Graham Greene (Actor), Ruth Marshall; Director: George Hickenlooper; Release Date Wide: 12/17/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 30 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!