In a swell match of actor and character, Kevin Spacey bites into the role of real-life ex-lobbyist and convicted felon Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack. This hyperactive dramatization (by the late director George Hickenlooper) of how Abramoff and his cronies played crooked money and power games for so long in Washington, D.C., is tonally scattershot and more than a little heavy-footed. But then, so were the real cons from which Abramoff profited while the flimflam worked. C+
SOME RESTRAINT, PLEASE! Kevin Spacey plays Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack (Ken Woroner)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jon Lovitz, Barry Pepper, Kevin Spacey, Graham Greene (Actor), Ruth Marshall; Director: George Hickenlooper; Release Date Wide: 12/17/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 30 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'