In a swell match of actor and character, Kevin Spacey bites into the role of real-life ex-lobbyist and convicted felon Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack. This hyperactive dramatization (by the late director George Hickenlooper) of how Abramoff and his cronies played crooked money and power games for so long in Washington, D.C., is tonally scattershot and more than a little heavy-footed. But then, so were the real cons from which Abramoff profited while the flimflam worked. C+
SOME RESTRAINT, PLEASE! Kevin Spacey plays Jack Abramoff in Casino Jack (Ken Woroner)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jon Lovitz, Barry Pepper, Kevin Spacey, Graham Greene (Actor), Ruth Marshall; Director: George Hickenlooper; Release Date Wide: 12/17/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 30 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lionsgate is making a movie out of a 'Night of the Living Dead' comic book spinoff
- 'Everybody Loves Raymond' reunion set for ATX Fest in 2016
- Kurt Russell rides again in the cannibal-western 'Bone Tomahawk'
- Snapchat original programming channel 'winding down'
- Beach House stream three songs from surprise album
- Tim McGraw drops video for 'Damn Country Music'
- 'Grandfathered' star Josh Peck talks possible 'Drake & Josh' reunion
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6