Clued-in folk fans know this Nashville banjo whiz from her old band Uncle Earl (or perhaps from her marriage to bluegrass renegade Béla Fleck). Washburn?s new solo disc deserves a wider audience. Produced by Decemberists collaborator Tucker Martine, City of Refuge frames Washburn?s smoky-sexy vocals with lush string-band arrangements that make the occasional touch of Chinese zither seem natural. Think Norah Jones meets Nickel Creek. B+
Posted January 3 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Eric McCormack on the surprise 'Will & Grace' reunion
- Megan Mullally on 'Will & Grace' reunion: 'Like no time had passed'
- Tom Holland suits up in new 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' set photo
- Viola Davis to star in Steve McQueen's upcoming thriller, 'Widows'
- 'Supergirl' promo asks a very important question
- Gilmore Guys to bring 'The Stars Hollow Countdown Show' to EW PopFest
- WATCH: Rob Lowe is 'rogue' with Marcia Gay Harden on 'Code Black'