Private detective Joe Pike, tattooed and muscled after stints in the Marines and the LAPD, is a Jack Reacher-like character who single-handedly stops — and maims — a group of thugs attacking a sandwich-store owner. Spurred by a flickering crush on the shopkeeper?s niece, Pike investigates the crime, though what seems at first to be a gang shakedown soon begins to look like much more. Crais? expertly tuned plot, always a pleasure, hums along. But the real joys of The Sentry are found in its characters, especially Pike, who — unlike Reacher — is all too human, achingly prone to making mistakes. A?
Posted January 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!