I wasn’t a huge fan of the Not-a-Forgetting-Sarah-Marshall-sequel-but-sorta, Get Him to the Greek, but I’m open to this idea. Their married couple was sweet, hilarious, and real, and if Apatow, who’s writing and directing, has more for them to say and do, I’m more than willing to take this trip with them. But spinning off a sequel, instead of making a straightforward follow-up about a hit’s main characters – Katherine Heigl and Seth Rogen are not confirmed for this go-around – made me think, What supporting characters from my favorite comedies would I most like to see (or have seen) get the star treatment?
Since you (or I) asked, here’s my list:
1) Carl Spackler (Bill Murray), from Caddyshack
2) Chazz Reinhold (Will Ferrell), funeral crasher extraordinaire, from Wedding Crashers
3) Healy (Matt Dillon), the putrid P.I from There’s Something About Mary
4) Dewey Oxberger (John Candy), from Stripes
5) Lili Von Shtupp (Madeline Kahn), from Blazing Saddles
In a perfect world, which of your favorite supporting characters would get their own tangential sequel?