undergoing treatment for throat cancer. Tomorrow’s morning show will feature a portion of Lauer’s interview with the Oscar-winning actor, and the entire sit-down will appear on Dateline NBC on Sunday, Jan. 23. Douglas mentioned looking forward to starring in Steven Soderbergh’s Liberace this year, prompting Lauer to ask, “So you’ve allowed yourself to look that far down the road?” Douglas replied, “Yeah, oh, absolutely. I think the odds are with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer that I’ve got it beat.”Michael Douglas tells Matt Lauer on tomorrow’s Today that “the tumor is gone,” and “I’ve got [cancer] beat,” in his first interview since
Posted January 10 2011 — 3:28 PM EST
- 'Avatar' actor Stephen Lang wants to play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- 10 'Deadpool' jokes that didn't make the movie
- See Elmo sing 'Hamilton' with the show's George Washington
- See the final trailer for 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant'
- British indie band Viola Beach killed in Sweden car crash
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Maggie Smith take part in BAFTAs kiss cam
- 'Deadpool' and the biggest R-rated openings ever