Playboy Enterprises, Inc., which publishes Playboy magazine among other things, is set to go private by the end of this quarter, the company announced today. Icon Acquisition Holdings, controlled by Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, agreed to pay $6.15 per share to take the company private; the company has been public since 1971.
Posted January 10 2011 — 9:49 AM EST
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit
- 'McFarland, USA' and the neutering of sports movies
- Leonard Nimoy: 9 'I Am Not Spock' TV roles
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?