The Hazards of Love, an overreaching 2009 rock opera, exposed a band in dire need of a fresh start. The Decemberists redeem themselves with their sixth LP, The King Is Dead, a 40-minute set that?s more succinctly rewarding than anything they?ve done in years. Partial credit belongs to two guests: Gillian Welch adds aching harmonies throughout, while R.E.M.?s Peter Buck helps three tracks reach a marriage of twang and jangle worthy of his main crew?s mid-?80s classics. A?
Posted January 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Logo to kick off 'Happy Holigays' with a 'RuPaul's Drag Race' holiday special
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Tom Hiddleston stars as Hank Williams in first 'I Saw the Light' trailer
- 'Star Wars' targets January release date in China
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- Amazon's 'Mozart in the Jungle': See the exclusive season 2 trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' gets its very own ice cream flavors
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Patricia Arquette's path to winning an Oscar