The Hazards of Love, an overreaching 2009 rock opera, exposed a band in dire need of a fresh start. The Decemberists redeem themselves with their sixth LP, The King Is Dead, a 40-minute set that?s more succinctly rewarding than anything they?ve done in years. Partial credit belongs to two guests: Gillian Welch adds aching harmonies throughout, while R.E.M.?s Peter Buck helps three tracks reach a marriage of twang and jangle worthy of his main crew?s mid-?80s classics. A?
Posted January 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'King Cobra' trailer features porn, intrigue, Garrett Clayton
- Clinton Trump debate: How many will watch?
- Zach Galifianakis calls Donald Trump 'mentally challenged'
- Garth Brooks earns historic RIAA achievement
- How Arnold Palmer invented the Arnold Palmer drink, in his words
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kids share their Upside Down theories
- Joss Whedon shares which Avenger he’d pick as president