The Hazards of Love, an overreaching 2009 rock opera, exposed a band in dire need of a fresh start. The Decemberists redeem themselves with their sixth LP, The King Is Dead, a 40-minute set that?s more succinctly rewarding than anything they?ve done in years. Partial credit belongs to two guests: Gillian Welch adds aching harmonies throughout, while R.E.M.?s Peter Buck helps three tracks reach a marriage of twang and jangle worthy of his main crew?s mid-?80s classics. A?
Posted January 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss, Liza Weil on that shocking hookup
- Carol Burnett to star in Amy Poehler-produced ABC comedy pilot