The Hazards of Love, an overreaching 2009 rock opera, exposed a band in dire need of a fresh start. The Decemberists redeem themselves with their sixth LP, The King Is Dead, a 40-minute set that?s more succinctly rewarding than anything they?ve done in years. Partial credit belongs to two guests: Gillian Welch adds aching harmonies throughout, while R.E.M.?s Peter Buck helps three tracks reach a marriage of twang and jangle worthy of his main crew?s mid-?80s classics. A?
Posted January 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Is 'The Flash' doing Flashpoint in season 3?
- Fozzie Bear reveals who he gets mistaken for on '@Midnight'
- Kate McKinnon impersonated Ellen and Hillary to their faces
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' season 7 trailer debuts
- Hillary Clinton plays 'Who'd You Rather?' on possible VP picks
- Paul McCartney: Kanye West is 'a monster' who 'inspires me'
- Hillary Clinton assesses Donald Trump's thoughts on women