The Hazards of Love, an overreaching 2009 rock opera, exposed a band in dire need of a fresh start. The Decemberists redeem themselves with their sixth LP, The King Is Dead, a 40-minute set that?s more succinctly rewarding than anything they?ve done in years. Partial credit belongs to two guests: Gillian Welch adds aching harmonies throughout, while R.E.M.?s Peter Buck helps three tracks reach a marriage of twang and jangle worthy of his main crew?s mid-?80s classics. A?
Posted January 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!