Crafted with help from Dr. John and producer T Bone Burnett (Elvis Costello, the Crazy Heart soundtrack), Allman’s latest, Low Country Blues, pays homage to the music he fell in love with as a youngster. The 63-year-old singer’s craggy vocals on a slow-burning version of Skip James’ ”Devil Got My Woman” serve as a reminder that his youth is far behind him, though his world-weary air perfectly fits the material. And he cheers up nicely with the soulful ”I Believe I’ll Go Back Home.” B
Posted January 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Loretta Devine talks gender-bending role
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing