Crafted with help from Dr. John and producer T Bone Burnett (Elvis Costello, the Crazy Heart soundtrack), Allman’s latest, Low Country Blues, pays homage to the music he fell in love with as a youngster. The 63-year-old singer’s craggy vocals on a slow-burning version of Skip James’ ”Devil Got My Woman” serve as a reminder that his youth is far behind him, though his world-weary air perfectly fits the material. And he cheers up nicely with the soulful ”I Believe I’ll Go Back Home.” B
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our exclusive audience with the queen of second chances
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff to star Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!