Sales for a photo book featuring a young girl killed in the Tucson shootings last weekend have jumped dramatically following a mention in a speech Wednesday by President Obama, AP reports. Faces of Hope features photographs of 50 babies born on Sept. 11, 2001, one of whom was nine-year-old victim Christina Green. After Obama’s speech at the University of Arizona last night, the book jumped 8,134 spots on Amazon.com’s bestseller list and by this morning was in the top 200. Faces of Hope, published by HCI Books,is currently out of stock, but the publisher says a new printing is imminent.
Posted January 13 2011 — 11:49 AM EST
- Pearl Jam play 'Ten' front to back in Philly
- 'The Originals' boss on the difficulties of killing a beloved character
- 'The Originals' boss on [spoiler]'s heartbreaking death, hope for Davina
- 'The Originals' victim 'cried' over that tragic death
- Charli XCX releases sleek, dance-heavy video for single 'Vroom Vroom'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down tonight's action sequences
- John Krasinski to star in 'Jack Ryan' Amazon series
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch