Sales for a photo book featuring a young girl killed in the Tucson shootings last weekend have jumped dramatically following a mention in a speech Wednesday by President Obama, AP reports. Faces of Hope features photographs of 50 babies born on Sept. 11, 2001, one of whom was nine-year-old victim Christina Green. After Obama’s speech at the University of Arizona last night, the book jumped 8,134 spots on Amazon.com’s bestseller list and by this morning was in the top 200. Faces of Hope, published by HCI Books,is currently out of stock, but the publisher says a new printing is imminent.
Posted January 13 2011 — 11:49 AM EST
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical': Ranking the musical numbers
- A fourth-grade teacher turned his classroom into the ultimate Kanye West tribute
- Wes Craven: A horror legend who pushed limits
- Miley Cyrus was 'cursing in anger' after Nicki Minaj VMA moment
- Lupita Nyong'o, Bernie Sanders among week 2 guests for Stephen Colbert
- VMAs ratings drop with Miley Cyrus
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!