Michael Emerson, who made a name for himself as the manipulative, creepy Benjamin Linus on Lost, has lined up his next quirky TV role: EW has learned exclusively that he’ll guest star as a bug specialist on the NBC drama Parenthood. In the episode, which airs in March, Emerson plays Amazing Andy (of Amazing Andy’s Wonderful World of Bugs), a smart-yet-socially-awkward man who’s hired to entertain the children at a birthday party for Max (Max Burkholder). Like Max, the son of Kristina (Monica Potter) and Adam (Peter Krause), Andy has Asperger’s syndrome. Emerson also will star with former Lost castmate Terry O’Quinn in J.J. Abrams’ NBC drama pilot Odd Jobs.
Posted January 14 2011 — 10:27 PM EST
- 'Homeland' elects 'House of Cards' actress as new president
- WATCH: John Krasinski comforts Margo Martindale in 'The Hollars' clip
- 'Elementary': 'True Blood' star to play Sherlock canon character
- New video examines 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- WATCH: A baby shower goes wrong in exclusive 'Killer Party' trailer
- Frightened Rabbit reveal why they don't want to play stadiums
- The Ice Bucket Challenge helped fund the discovery of a new ALS gene
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels