Stieg Larsson’s partner, Eva Gabrielsson, plans to finish the fourth novel in Larsson’s Millennium saga, according to The Guardian. Before his death in 2004, Larsson reportedly wrote 200 pages of a fourth installment in his best-selling mystery series, which began with the posthumously published The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Although Larsson’s literary estate currently belongs to the author’s father and brother, Gabrielsson has always maintained that she should be its executor even though she and Larsson never officially married. According to The Guardian, Gabrielsson won’t complete the fourth novel until she has secured the rights to Larsson’s work, although she already knows that the book’s plotline will center around the series’ star Lisbeth Salander as she “little by little frees herself from her ghosts and her enemies.” Gabrielsson did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
Posted January 14 2011 — 11:24 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!