Stieg Larsson’s partner, Eva Gabrielsson, plans to finish the fourth novel in Larsson’s Millennium saga, according to The Guardian. Before his death in 2004, Larsson reportedly wrote 200 pages of a fourth installment in his best-selling mystery series, which began with the posthumously published The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Although Larsson’s literary estate currently belongs to the author’s father and brother, Gabrielsson has always maintained that she should be its executor even though she and Larsson never officially married. According to The Guardian, Gabrielsson won’t complete the fourth novel until she has secured the rights to Larsson’s work, although she already knows that the book’s plotline will center around the series’ star Lisbeth Salander as she “little by little frees herself from her ghosts and her enemies.” Gabrielsson did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
Posted January 14 2011 — 11:24 AM EST
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay won't direct Marvel film
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!