No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
- Bruce Jenner E! show about life as transgender woman will air in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo