No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' hires a writer
- See a new clip from 'Burnt' with Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller
- You'll lose your head over this exclusive clip from 'Tales of Halloween'
- 'Inside Amy Schumer,' 'Broad City,' and more faves will stream on Hulu
- Tom Hiddleston explains why Loki was cut from 'Age of Ultron'
- Demi Lovato shares two new 'Confident' music video teasers
- Shane Davis and Michelle Delecki preview new gaming comic 'Axcend'