No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
- 'The Flash' debuts first look at Flashpoint
- Tim McGraw crashes wedding and sings 'My Little Girl'
- Police investigating incident at Chris Brown's home
- 'Criminal Minds' promotes Paget Brewster to series regular
- Warren Beatty's 'Rules Don't Apply' to premiere at AFI Fest opening night
- 'Hamilton': Watch 13 of the best #Ham4Ham performances
- Barb from 'Stranger Things' to join Archie reboot 'Riverdale'