A maid (Jeon Do-yeon, Best Actress at the 2007 Cannes fest for Lee Chang-dong’s Secret Sunshine) goes to work in a rich family’s grand house. Maid is seduced by pampered husband. Older housekeeper sees all. Bad things happen. The class warfare in The Housemade feels dated, but there’s something nicely kinky in this lusciously photographed erotic Korean thriller by Im Sang-soo — at least for those who don’t compare it to the far kinkier, out-there 1960 original by Kim Ki-young. (Also available on cable via on demand beginning Jan. 26) B
SWEET REVERIE Jeon Do-Youn and Ahn Seo-hyeon in The Housemade
Posted January 20 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel