A maid (Jeon Do-yeon, Best Actress at the 2007 Cannes fest for Lee Chang-dong’s Secret Sunshine) goes to work in a rich family’s grand house. Maid is seduced by pampered husband. Older housekeeper sees all. Bad things happen. The class warfare in The Housemade feels dated, but there’s something nicely kinky in this lusciously photographed erotic Korean thriller by Im Sang-soo — at least for those who don’t compare it to the far kinkier, out-there 1960 original by Kim Ki-young. (Also available on cable via on demand beginning Jan. 26) B
SWEET REVERIE Jeon Do-Youn and Ahn Seo-hyeon in The Housemade
Posted January 20 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Composer John Williams scores AFI Life Achievement Award
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' debuts with scary good ratings
- Bruno Mars teams with 'Empire' producer for NBC family comedy
- See the trailer for Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis: Little Girl Blue'
- Ellen DeGeneres coordinates Jessie J duet with viral video cohort, and it's perfect
- 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Class' boss Patrick Ness aims to 'shock you with something new'
- Academy announces 81 contenders for foreign-language Oscar