A maid (Jeon Do-yeon, Best Actress at the 2007 Cannes fest for Lee Chang-dong’s Secret Sunshine) goes to work in a rich family’s grand house. Maid is seduced by pampered husband. Older housekeeper sees all. Bad things happen. The class warfare in The Housemade feels dated, but there’s something nicely kinky in this lusciously photographed erotic Korean thriller by Im Sang-soo — at least for those who don’t compare it to the far kinkier, out-there 1960 original by Kim Ki-young. (Also available on cable via on demand beginning Jan. 26) B
SWEET REVERIE Jeon Do-Youn and Ahn Seo-hyeon in The Housemade
Posted January 20 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lilly Singh admits the hardest part of filming 'A Trip to Unicorn Island'
- Amy Schumer takes on serious role in veteran drama 'Thank You for Your Service'
- 'Vinyl' showrunner Terence Winter picks his favorite vinyl record
- Starz greenlights 'White Queen' sequel 'The White Princess'
- Josh Gad to star in weight-loss comedy 'Heavy Duty'
- 'Frozen' musical sets Broadway arrival for 2018
- Will Smith praises 'Fresh Prince' costar Janet Hubert after recent barbs