A maid (Jeon Do-yeon, Best Actress at the 2007 Cannes fest for Lee Chang-dong’s Secret Sunshine) goes to work in a rich family’s grand house. Maid is seduced by pampered husband. Older housekeeper sees all. Bad things happen. The class warfare in The Housemade feels dated, but there’s something nicely kinky in this lusciously photographed erotic Korean thriller by Im Sang-soo — at least for those who don’t compare it to the far kinkier, out-there 1960 original by Kim Ki-young. (Also available on cable via on demand beginning Jan. 26) B
SWEET REVERIE Jeon Do-Youn and Ahn Seo-hyeon in The Housemade
Posted January 20 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'
- Lena Dunham, America Ferrera slam Donald Trump at DNC
- Mothers of slain black youth deliver powerful speeches at DNC
- Jessica Chastain in talks to join Jake Gyllenhaal's 'The Division'
- Elizabeth Banks compares Donald Trump to 'Hunger Games' character
- Oprah Winfrey to reunite with Ava DuVernay on 'A Wrinkle in Time'