A maid (Jeon Do-yeon, Best Actress at the 2007 Cannes fest for Lee Chang-dong’s Secret Sunshine) goes to work in a rich family’s grand house. Maid is seduced by pampered husband. Older housekeeper sees all. Bad things happen. The class warfare in The Housemade feels dated, but there’s something nicely kinky in this lusciously photographed erotic Korean thriller by Im Sang-soo — at least for those who don’t compare it to the far kinkier, out-there 1960 original by Kim Ki-young. (Also available on cable via on demand beginning Jan. 26) B
SWEET REVERIE Jeon Do-Youn and Ahn Seo-hyeon in The Housemade
Posted January 20 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!