Ulrik (Stellan Skarsgard), a car mechanic and proud grandfather-to-be, would qualify as entirely gentle except for a thing or two: He’s just out of prison for murder. And his crime boss expects him to resume his old ways. It takes a while for the wintry humor in A Somewhat Gentle Man, Hans Petter Moland’s deadpan Norwegian gangster comedy, to thaw: Every stunted, turnip-faced character is dressed for maximum drabness, and the only time the sky isn’t drily gray is when it’s wet with rain or snow. But Skarsgard’s utter finesse in the role provides a satisfying warmth. B
EX-CON Stellan Skarsgard is fresh out of prison in A Somewhat Gentle Man
Posted January 20 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!