The King’s Speech has 12 Oscar nominations, The Weinstein Company is considering ways to translate that ringing industry endorsement into more box-office. According to the Los Angeles Times, TWC is contemplating excising some of the coarse language that earned the film its R rating for a recut PG-13 version that would hit theaters in late February. TWC was upset by the MPAA’s decision to stamp the film with an R, and though the film has grossed $58 million already, there is the feeling that the exclusionary rating has cost the film money. Director Tom Hooper has not yet publicly commented on the proposal to edit the film.Now that
Posted January 26 2011 — 10:12 AM EST
- Barb from 'Stranger Things' to join Archie reboot 'Riverdale'
- Jimmy Eat World share soaring new rock song, 'Sure and Certain'
- 'Arrow': Thea makes date plans in exclusive season 4 deleted scene
- 'Warcraft' director is 'equally proud and furious' about the film
- Apollonia makes surprise appearance at 'Purple Rain' screening
- Anne Hathaway to star in Jenny Mollen’s 'Live Fast Die Hot'
- Rick Perry's 'Dancing With the Stars' run to help veterans