The King’s Speech has 12 Oscar nominations, The Weinstein Company is considering ways to translate that ringing industry endorsement into more box-office. According to the Los Angeles Times, TWC is contemplating excising some of the coarse language that earned the film its R rating for a recut PG-13 version that would hit theaters in late February. TWC was upset by the MPAA’s decision to stamp the film with an R, and though the film has grossed $58 million already, there is the feeling that the exclusionary rating has cost the film money. Director Tom Hooper has not yet publicly commented on the proposal to edit the film.Now that
Posted January 26 2011 — 10:12 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles