The King’s Speech has 12 Oscar nominations, The Weinstein Company is considering ways to translate that ringing industry endorsement into more box-office. According to the Los Angeles Times, TWC is contemplating excising some of the coarse language that earned the film its R rating for a recut PG-13 version that would hit theaters in late February. TWC was upset by the MPAA’s decision to stamp the film with an R, and though the film has grossed $58 million already, there is the feeling that the exclusionary rating has cost the film money. Director Tom Hooper has not yet publicly commented on the proposal to edit the film.Now that
Posted January 26 2011 — 10:12 AM EST
- WATCH: Michael J. Fox, Lea Thompson on the DeLorean from 'Back to the Future'
- Madonna, Jay Z nab Songwriters Hall of Fame nominations
- Lady Gaga wrote a 'Joanne' track about Trayvon Martin's death
- Michael J. Fox talks about the timeless nature of 'Back to the Future'
- Joss Whedon wants to direct a 'Star Wars' film
- 'Celebs React' series coming from The Fine Bros.
- Preview John Arcudi's new prison murder mystery comic, 'Dead Inside'