The King’s Speech has 12 Oscar nominations, The Weinstein Company is considering ways to translate that ringing industry endorsement into more box-office. According to the Los Angeles Times, TWC is contemplating excising some of the coarse language that earned the film its R rating for a recut PG-13 version that would hit theaters in late February. TWC was upset by the MPAA’s decision to stamp the film with an R, and though the film has grossed $58 million already, there is the feeling that the exclusionary rating has cost the film money. Director Tom Hooper has not yet publicly commented on the proposal to edit the film.Now that
Posted January 26 2011 — 10:12 AM EST
- Justin Bieber releases music video for 'What Do You Mean?'
- Justin Bieber cries after MTV VMAs performance
- Kanye West is having the best time at the MTV VMAs
- MTV just debuted a new trailer for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Demi Lovato performs 'Cool For The Summer' with Iggy Azalea at VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' star Kim Dickens on the moment that 'destroyed' Madison
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner Dave Erickson breaks down 'So Close, Yet So Far'
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!