Place your bets! Which will occur first: Prince William will marry Kate Middleton? Or Lifetime will air its movie about the royal romance? The network has announced its plans to make a movie about how “the friendship between Prince William, second in line to the throne of the British monarchy, and future princess Kate Middleton, the stunning daughter of upper middle-class commoners, blossomed into a romantic love affair, charming the world with their recent engagement and eagerly awaited Royal Wedding.” Nico Evers-Swindell (NCIS: Los Angeles, Law & Order) will play William, and Ben Cross (Chariots of Fire) has been cast as Prince Charles. Middleton has yet to be cast, but production is set to begin in February, with an April airdate in mind. The actual royal wedding, meanwhile, is set for April 29.
Posted January 27 2011 — 1:24 PM EST
- Jesse McCartney admits he's 'not a computer person,' carpools with 'Young & Hungry' co-star
- Bill Paxton talks 'Texas Rising': 'I believe I was born to play Sam Houston'
- Arya ready? 'Game of Thrones' fave Maisie Williams on life as wildest woman in Westeros
- Herman Wouk to release memoir in honor of 100th birthday
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' Netflix revival: 8 new photos
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!