Place your bets! Which will occur first: Prince William will marry Kate Middleton? Or Lifetime will air its movie about the royal romance? The network has announced its plans to make a movie about how “the friendship between Prince William, second in line to the throne of the British monarchy, and future princess Kate Middleton, the stunning daughter of upper middle-class commoners, blossomed into a romantic love affair, charming the world with their recent engagement and eagerly awaited Royal Wedding.” Nico Evers-Swindell (NCIS: Los Angeles, Law & Order) will play William, and Ben Cross (Chariots of Fire) has been cast as Prince Charles. Middleton has yet to be cast, but production is set to begin in February, with an April airdate in mind. The actual royal wedding, meanwhile, is set for April 29.
Posted January 27 2011 — 1:24 PM EST
- Academy head on 'Birth of a Nation': People need to judge the movie
- Sam Mendes, Nick Hornby in talks for live-action 'James and the Giant Peach'
- Vincent D'Onofrio, Dean Norris join Eli Roth's 'Death Wish' remake
- Tim Kaine attacks Donald Trump for calling Hillary Clinton a 'bigot'
- Helen Mirren in talks for Disney's 'Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Eva Longoria to direct 'Jane the Virgin' episode
- Rio police charge Ryan Lochte with making false robbery report