Place your bets! Which will occur first: Prince William will marry Kate Middleton? Or Lifetime will air its movie about the royal romance? The network has announced its plans to make a movie about how “the friendship between Prince William, second in line to the throne of the British monarchy, and future princess Kate Middleton, the stunning daughter of upper middle-class commoners, blossomed into a romantic love affair, charming the world with their recent engagement and eagerly awaited Royal Wedding.” Nico Evers-Swindell (NCIS: Los Angeles, Law & Order) will play William, and Ben Cross (Chariots of Fire) has been cast as Prince Charles. Middleton has yet to be cast, but production is set to begin in February, with an April airdate in mind. The actual royal wedding, meanwhile, is set for April 29.
Posted January 27 2011 — 1:24 PM EST
- CineFix ranks the 10 best final film shots of all time
- 'Project Runway Junior' winner gives advice to the adults
- Overlooked witness could have prevented conviction in 'Serial' case, expert says
- 'Supergirl' sneak peek: Watch Hank pretend to be Kara again
- President Obama pays tribute to Earth, Wind & Fire's Maurice White
- 'The Magicians' sneak peek: Quentin and Eliot head to the mental hospital — or do they?
- 'Shades of Blue' renewed for season 2