On Monday, federal prosecutors recommended that Survivor champ Richard Hatch go to jail, the Associated Press reports. The reality star, who was convicted in 2006 of not paying taxes on his winnings from the show, is currently in violation of his supervised release, having not filed amended returns for 2000 and 2001. Hatch served a three-year prison sentence until 2009; he still owes $1.7 million in back taxes. The reality star claims he has not refiled due to a pending appeal with the U.S. Tax Court. Hatch’s lawyer could not be reached for contact.
Posted January 31 2011 — 5:49 PM EST
- See the exclusive trailer for Anthony Jeselnik's Netflix special
- Gilmore Girls 15th Anniversary: A (very detailed) look at the best of Sookie St. James
- George Miller has more 'Mad Max' films planned
- Hayley Atwell and Clark Gregg will war on 'Lip Sync Battle' — exclusive
- 'Pepsi Perfect' bottles coming to commemorate 'Back to the Future II'
- 'Project Greenlight': Jason makes the important decision of the season
- 'Doctor Who' showrunner on the fate of the sonic screwdriver