Ilya Salkind, the 63-year-old producer behind the Christopher Reeve Superman films, has been officially declared missing in Mexico. According to John C. Palmer, executive vice president of Salkind’s production company, Salkind was visiting the town of Tepoztlán, near Mexico City, but he’s been unreachable since Sunday night. A missing person’s report was filed with the Mexican police force on Monday, the American Embassy has been contacted, and a personal private investigator has been hired, according to Palmer. There has been no contact with or demands from other parties that would indicate that Salkind, a Mexican native, had been kidnapped, and Palmer holds out hope that his colleague’s disappearance has a simple solution: “It’s not uncommon for Ilya to drop off the face of the earth for a couple of days and then just reappear.”
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!