Ilya Salkind, the 63-year-old producer behind the Christopher Reeve Superman films, has been officially declared missing in Mexico. According to John C. Palmer, executive vice president of Salkind’s production company, Salkind was visiting the town of Tepoztlán, near Mexico City, but he’s been unreachable since Sunday night. A missing person’s report was filed with the Mexican police force on Monday, the American Embassy has been contacted, and a personal private investigator has been hired, according to Palmer. There has been no contact with or demands from other parties that would indicate that Salkind, a Mexican native, had been kidnapped, and Palmer holds out hope that his colleague’s disappearance has a simple solution: “It’s not uncommon for Ilya to drop off the face of the earth for a couple of days and then just reappear.”
Posted February 2 2011 — 4:35 PM EST
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Adele's '25' surges past 3 million in sales in the U.S.
- Hear Adele's '25' as a four-minute mash-up because you deserve it