Ilya Salkind, the 63-year-old producer behind the Christopher Reeve Superman films, has been officially declared missing in Mexico. According to John C. Palmer, executive vice president of Salkind’s production company, Salkind was visiting the town of Tepoztlán, near Mexico City, but he’s been unreachable since Sunday night. A missing person’s report was filed with the Mexican police force on Monday, the American Embassy has been contacted, and a personal private investigator has been hired, according to Palmer. There has been no contact with or demands from other parties that would indicate that Salkind, a Mexican native, had been kidnapped, and Palmer holds out hope that his colleague’s disappearance has a simple solution: “It’s not uncommon for Ilya to drop off the face of the earth for a couple of days and then just reappear.”
Posted February 2 2011 — 4:35 PM EST
- Bones, Sleepy Hollow crossover date revealed
- Disney chief on 'Star Wars' box office: Don’t get cocky
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on why Team Street is 'squad dreams supreme'
- Darren Criss in talks for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Chris Hyndman, CBC talk show host, dies at 49
- ‘Wicked City’ producers say oral sex murder scene is ‘not violence porn’
- Final season of cult U.K. sitcom 'Peep Show' starts shooting