Ilya Salkind, the 63-year-old producer behind the Christopher Reeve Superman films, has been officially declared missing in Mexico. According to John C. Palmer, executive vice president of Salkind’s production company, Salkind was visiting the town of Tepoztlán, near Mexico City, but he’s been unreachable since Sunday night. A missing person’s report was filed with the Mexican police force on Monday, the American Embassy has been contacted, and a personal private investigator has been hired, according to Palmer. There has been no contact with or demands from other parties that would indicate that Salkind, a Mexican native, had been kidnapped, and Palmer holds out hope that his colleague’s disappearance has a simple solution: “It’s not uncommon for Ilya to drop off the face of the earth for a couple of days and then just reappear.”
Posted February 2 2011 — 4:35 PM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!