Director Peter Jackson has been released from a New Zealand hospital after undergoing surgery on Jan. 26 for a perforated ulcer. Jackson, who will start production next month on his long-awaited adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy epic The Hobbit, will continue to recuperate at home, and any delay to the start of the shoot is expected to be minimal.
Posted February 3 2011 — 2:39 PM EST
- '12 Monkeys' sneak peek: Cole and Railly hunt Messengers in the past
- What's leaving Netflix in May
- Bonnaroo issues statement on anti-LGBT legislation in Tennessee
- 'Simpsons' exclusive clip: Jay Leno to buy Homer's car
- Lin-Manuel Miranda stops by Alexander Hamilton's grave
- Ricky Gervais says Eric Bana is 'a stupid, big, lumpy idiot'
- 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' is the most beautiful 'Trek' film