Director Peter Jackson has been released from a New Zealand hospital after undergoing surgery on Jan. 26 for a perforated ulcer. Jackson, who will start production next month on his long-awaited adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy epic The Hobbit, will continue to recuperate at home, and any delay to the start of the shoot is expected to be minimal.
Posted February 3 2011 — 2:39 PM EST
- Bryan Cranston wants to play a ‘nasty’ Marvel villain
- Rashida Jones would totally duet with Adam Levine on 'The Voice'
- Jennifer Morrison talks 'Once Upon a Time' at New York Comic-Con
- Randy Quaid arrested at Canadian border by Vermont State Police
- 'Shadowhunters' gets official premiere date
- See Norman Reedus ride into 'Walking Dead' premiere on a motorcycle
- See Luke Skywalker crushed by an AT-AT in 'Star Wars Battlefront' game