Mark Wahlberg and director David O. Russell have made three films together: Three Kings, I Heart Huckabees, and now The Fighter. Though some actors (George Clooney and Lily Tomlin among them) have famously battled Russell on set over the years, he and Wahlberg seem to be the perfect match for each other. In Part 1 of our three-part EW video interview, we talk about why they work well together and how Russell inadvertently helped Wahlberg come up with the concept for Entourage. Watch it below:
Posted February 7 2011 — 9:15 PM EST
Check back tomorrow for Part 2.
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Brad, Lea & Darren, Paul and More!