Continuing this sports-themed day of Inside TV blog programming, FX just announced a third season pickup for its comedy series The League. The second season of the scripted show set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league was on the bubble for the network, averaging 1.4 million total viewers and 1.1 million adults 18-49, but that’s up five percent from season one. Says creators Jackie and Jeff Schaffer: “FX truly is like the parents we wish we had growing up – every time we say something naughty, they reward us.”
Posted February 7 2011 — 8:33 PM EST
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!