Continuing this sports-themed day of Inside TV blog programming, FX just announced a third season pickup for its comedy series The League. The second season of the scripted show set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league was on the bubble for the network, averaging 1.4 million total viewers and 1.1 million adults 18-49, but that’s up five percent from season one. Says creators Jackie and Jeff Schaffer: “FX truly is like the parents we wish we had growing up – every time we say something naughty, they reward us.”
Posted February 7 2011 — 8:33 PM EST
- Penelope Cruz and Jimmy Fallon Dubsmash 'Frozen' song
- See 29 celebrities recite Justin Bieber's 'Sorry'
- Sacha Baron Cohen shows Jimmy Kimmel graphic 'Brothers Grimsby' clip
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: There's trouble at sea in 'Fear the Walking Dead' teaser
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday