Continuing this sports-themed day of Inside TV blog programming, FX just announced a third season pickup for its comedy series The League. The second season of the scripted show set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league was on the bubble for the network, averaging 1.4 million total viewers and 1.1 million adults 18-49, but that’s up five percent from season one. Says creators Jackie and Jeff Schaffer: “FX truly is like the parents we wish we had growing up – every time we say something naughty, they reward us.”
Posted February 7 2011 — 8:33 PM EST
- Box office preview: 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation,' 'Vacation'
- HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least EIGHT seasons
- 'Feast' director Patrick Osborne to direct 'Battling Boy' adaptation
- 'Elementary' enlists 'The Knick' star Jeremy Bobb
- Anne Heche on her 'drop-dead gorgeous' new fashion-centric drama
- Game of Thrones season 5 coming to home video months early
- 'UnREAL' finale peek: Britney is back
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!