Continuing this sports-themed day of Inside TV blog programming, FX just announced a third season pickup for its comedy series The League. The second season of the scripted show set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league was on the bubble for the network, averaging 1.4 million total viewers and 1.1 million adults 18-49, but that’s up five percent from season one. Says creators Jackie and Jeff Schaffer: “FX truly is like the parents we wish we had growing up – every time we say something naughty, they reward us.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: ‘not perfect,' 'determined’
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A