EW has confirmed Ryan Gosling is close to finalizing a deal with Warner Bros. for a remake of the 1976 cult classic Logan’s Run, re-teaming with the Danish director of Gosling’s upcoming thriller Drive, Nicolas Winding Refn. The original film, based on the novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson, depicts a dystopian world which prevents overpopulation by killing everyone who reaches the age of 30. Gosling would play the part of Logan 5 (first portrayed by Michael York). The remake has famously passed through the hands of several directors, from Bryan Singer to TRON: Legacy’s Joseph Kosinski.
Posted February 10 2011 — 5:40 PM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!