EW has confirmed Ryan Gosling is close to finalizing a deal with Warner Bros. for a remake of the 1976 cult classic Logan’s Run, re-teaming with the Danish director of Gosling’s upcoming thriller Drive, Nicolas Winding Refn. The original film, based on the novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson, depicts a dystopian world which prevents overpopulation by killing everyone who reaches the age of 30. Gosling would play the part of Logan 5 (first portrayed by Michael York). The remake has famously passed through the hands of several directors, from Bryan Singer to TRON: Legacy’s Joseph Kosinski.
Posted February 10 2011 — 5:40 PM EST
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!