EW has confirmed Ryan Gosling is close to finalizing a deal with Warner Bros. for a remake of the 1976 cult classic Logan’s Run, re-teaming with the Danish director of Gosling’s upcoming thriller Drive, Nicolas Winding Refn. The original film, based on the novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson, depicts a dystopian world which prevents overpopulation by killing everyone who reaches the age of 30. Gosling would play the part of Logan 5 (first portrayed by Michael York). The remake has famously passed through the hands of several directors, from Bryan Singer to TRON: Legacy’s Joseph Kosinski.
Posted February 10 2011 — 5:40 PM EST
- See Candis Cayne on 'Young and the Restless' (and the famous friend she brought along)
- 'Rosewood' books guest star Joy Bryant
- James Bay looks back on his stellar debut year
- 'Star Wars'-themed movie theater set to open
- Holland Taylor opens up about relationship with younger woman
- J.J. Abrams on the making of the #Force4Ham sequence