Despite positive reviews, Mark Wahlberg was the only main cast member from The Fighter not to score an Oscar nomination for his performance in the movie. (Meanwhile, his costars Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and Melissa Leo were all recognized in the supporting categories.) In Part 3 of my interview with Wahlberg and his Fighter director David O. Russell (also nominated for an Oscar this year), Wahlberg tells me why he’s actually happier to be nominated as one of the film’s producers and whether he thinks his movie has a shot at upsetting The King’s Speech for the Best Picture win.
Posted February 10 2011 — 4:53 PM EST
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'