Rock of Ages, his rep confirms. In the stage show, the character sings Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive” and is a part of other numbers including “I Wanna Know What Love Is.” He also receives a lap dance, and takes more than one punch. News of Cruise being courted for the film was first reported in October.Tom Cruise is bringing the ’80s back, with or without a Top Gun sequel. The actor is closing a deal to star as womanizing rocker Stacee Jaxx in Adam Shankman’s big-screen adaptation of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical
Posted February 11 2011 — 12:38 PM EST
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'