Rock of Ages, his rep confirms. In the stage show, the character sings Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive” and is a part of other numbers including “I Wanna Know What Love Is.” He also receives a lap dance, and takes more than one punch. News of Cruise being courted for the film was first reported in October.Tom Cruise is bringing the ’80s back, with or without a Top Gun sequel. The actor is closing a deal to star as womanizing rocker Stacee Jaxx in Adam Shankman’s big-screen adaptation of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical
Posted February 11 2011 — 12:38 PM EST
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!