The Argentinean actor Ricardo Darín (The Secret in Their Eyes) has an almost Bogart-like gift for playing world-weary rotters with a core of nobility. He’s hooded yet moving as Sosa, a personal-injury lawyer caught up in a racket built on Buenos Aires’ huge number of traffic accidents. As Luján, the physician (and secret junkie) who gets fatally involved with him, Martina Gusman is just as vividly desperate, though the film, with its unrelenting grime and corruption, needs a more cohesive story. Still, it’s worth seeing Carancho for these two. B-
BEHIND GLASS Martina Gusman and Ricardo Darin get involved in Carancho
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Foreign Language; Starring: Ricardo Darin, Martina Gusman; Director: Pablo Trapero; Runtime (in minutes): 107
Posted February 15 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Marvel's Jessica Jones is 'incredibly flawed'
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Hunter S. Thompson talks outlaws and Hell's Angels in new 'Blank on Blank' clip
- Get a first look at NBC’s new thriller 'Blindspot'
- Little Mix give Whitney Houston and Jason Derulo an awesome gospel-style mash up
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!