The Argentinean actor Ricardo Darín (The Secret in Their Eyes) has an almost Bogart-like gift for playing world-weary rotters with a core of nobility. He’s hooded yet moving as Sosa, a personal-injury lawyer caught up in a racket built on Buenos Aires’ huge number of traffic accidents. As Luján, the physician (and secret junkie) who gets fatally involved with him, Martina Gusman is just as vividly desperate, though the film, with its unrelenting grime and corruption, needs a more cohesive story. Still, it’s worth seeing Carancho for these two. B-
BEHIND GLASS Martina Gusman and Ricardo Darin get involved in Carancho
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Foreign Language; Starring: Ricardo Darin, Martina Gusman; Director: Pablo Trapero; Release Date Limited: 02/11/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 107
Posted February 15 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday