The Argentinean actor Ricardo Darín (The Secret in Their Eyes) has an almost Bogart-like gift for playing world-weary rotters with a core of nobility. He’s hooded yet moving as Sosa, a personal-injury lawyer caught up in a racket built on Buenos Aires’ huge number of traffic accidents. As Luján, the physician (and secret junkie) who gets fatally involved with him, Martina Gusman is just as vividly desperate, though the film, with its unrelenting grime and corruption, needs a more cohesive story. Still, it’s worth seeing Carancho for these two. B-
BEHIND GLASS Martina Gusman and Ricardo Darin get involved in Carancho
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Foreign Language; Starring: Ricardo Darin, Martina Gusman; Director: Pablo Trapero; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season
Posted February 15 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters