The Argentinean actor Ricardo Darín (The Secret in Their Eyes) has an almost Bogart-like gift for playing world-weary rotters with a core of nobility. He’s hooded yet moving as Sosa, a personal-injury lawyer caught up in a racket built on Buenos Aires’ huge number of traffic accidents. As Luján, the physician (and secret junkie) who gets fatally involved with him, Martina Gusman is just as vividly desperate, though the film, with its unrelenting grime and corruption, needs a more cohesive story. Still, it’s worth seeing Carancho for these two. B-
BEHIND GLASS Martina Gusman and Ricardo Darin get involved in Carancho
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Foreign Language; Starring: Ricardo Darin, Martina Gusman; Director: Pablo Trapero; Runtime (in minutes): 107
Posted February 15 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Furious 7' screenwriter gives update on 'Legend of Conan'
- Jenny Lewis makes Vanessa Bayer cry on 'Sound Advice'
- Listen to an exclusive clip from Paolo Bacigalupi's 'The Water Knife'
- Broadway’s 'King Charles III' casts Prince William, Harry, Kate
- 'Walking Dead' actor would love to play Spider-Man
- Hulk Hogan talks possible villain role in 'Expendables 4'
- Charter/Time Warner deal will affect 1 in 6 households
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!