The body of a raped schoolgirl who has killed herself floats downriver at the start of this exquisite Korean drama (Poetry) by Secret Sunshine’s Lee Chang-dong. Meanwhile, a pensioner (treasured Korean star Yun Jung-hee, extraordinary) raises her sullen grandson alone — a teen implicated in the girl’s death. Facing a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, the older woman enrolls in a poetry class, desperate to find the words to describe beauty before language fails her. She does even better: She herself becomes a kind of poem about what it means to really see the world. A
FINDING WORDS Yun Jung-hee reads to remember in Poetry
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Yun Jung-hee; Director: Chang-dong Lee; Runtime (in minutes): 149; Distributor: Kino International
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!