The body of a raped schoolgirl who has killed herself floats downriver at the start of this exquisite Korean drama (Poetry) by Secret Sunshine’s Lee Chang-dong. Meanwhile, a pensioner (treasured Korean star Yun Jung-hee, extraordinary) raises her sullen grandson alone — a teen implicated in the girl’s death. Facing a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, the older woman enrolls in a poetry class, desperate to find the words to describe beauty before language fails her. She does even better: She herself becomes a kind of poem about what it means to really see the world. A
FINDING WORDS Yun Jung-hee reads to remember in Poetry
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Yun Jung-hee; Director: Chang-dong Lee; Runtime (in minutes): 149; Distributor: Kino International
Posted February 16 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jonathan Jackson, Nathan Parsons returning to 'General Hospital'
- Two of Josh Duggar's victims to appear on Fox News
- Sky Ferreira teases new single 'Guardian': listen
- James Wan to direct 'Aquaman'
- 'Spy' director Paul Feig talks female-driven comedies
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Still Love You' video is a fierce statement on gay marriage
- '19 Kids and Counting': Why TLC probably won't cancel the Duggars show