The body of a raped schoolgirl who has killed herself floats downriver at the start of this exquisite Korean drama (Poetry) by Secret Sunshine’s Lee Chang-dong. Meanwhile, a pensioner (treasured Korean star Yun Jung-hee, extraordinary) raises her sullen grandson alone — a teen implicated in the girl’s death. Facing a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, the older woman enrolls in a poetry class, desperate to find the words to describe beauty before language fails her. She does even better: She herself becomes a kind of poem about what it means to really see the world. A
FINDING WORDS Yun Jung-hee reads to remember in Poetry
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Yun Jung-hee; Director: Chang-dong Lee; Release Date Limited: 01/28/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 149; Distributor: Kino International
Posted February 16 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake