Once again, an American journalist has been attacked while covering unrest in the Middle East. On Wednesday, ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez was set upon by protesters and beaten in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. As The New York Times reports, a group of demonstrators suddenly snatched Marquez’s camera out of his hands and began to hit him with billy clubs. ABC News has posted an audio clip of the attack on their website; in it, Marquez pleads with his attackers, “No! No! No! Hey, I’m a journalist here!” as they begin to assail him. He was not seriously injured.
Posted February 17 2011 — 10:26 AM EST
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs
- Tiffany 'New York' Pollard is hosting a unique gay dating series
- Honest Trailers' take on 'Batman: The Killing Joke' is no laughing matter
- Tilda Swinton talks The Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange' sneak peek video
- J.K. Rowling saw Amy Schumer's stand-up show and loved it
- Adam Scott and Craig Robinson team up for paranormal comedy 'Ghosted'
- EW PopFest: Here's everything you need to know!