Once again, an American journalist has been attacked while covering unrest in the Middle East. On Wednesday, ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez was set upon by protesters and beaten in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. As The New York Times reports, a group of demonstrators suddenly snatched Marquez’s camera out of his hands and began to hit him with billy clubs. ABC News has posted an audio clip of the attack on their website; in it, Marquez pleads with his attackers, “No! No! No! Hey, I’m a journalist here!” as they begin to assail him. He was not seriously injured.
Posted February 17 2011 — 10:26 AM EST
- 'Daily Show' producers on Jon Stewart's last show: 'Donald Trump is not coming on'
- Drew Pearce offers update on future 'Ghostbusters' project
- A quick guide to the different versions of 'Holiday Road' in 'Vacation'
- Amazon signs 'Top Gear' trio for new show
- Amy Sedaris lends Jimmy Fallon a helping hand while his finger heals
- #NewHarryPotterBooks we'd actually want to read
- 'Astronaut Wives Club' creator says Space Race will take a 'darker turn'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!