When Doug (Cris Lankenau), a college dropout, lands a night-shift job at a Portland, Ore., ice factory, director Aaron Katz’s mild comedy seems to be taking a satirical look at lackadaisical ambition in an age of scarce employment. But then Doug learns that his ex-girlfriend (Robyn Rikoon) has fallen into some murky dark business, at which point Cold Weather becomes the world’s first mumblecore ”thriller? — a good idea for a movie that someone, in the future, should execute a bit less lackadaisically. (Also available on cable via on demand) C+
BROWSING STACKS Trieste Kelly Dunn and Cris Lankenau play detectives in Cold Weather
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Cris Lankenau, Raul Castillo, Robyn Rikoon; Director: Aaron Katz; Release Date Limited: 02/04/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 93
Posted February 18 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Breaking Bad' actor calls for more people with disabilities in Hollywood
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from 'Light Between Oceans'
- Stars put Jimmy Fallon to shame in dramatic game of Musical Beers
- The Must List: Sunday's VMAs, new Frank Ocean, and more
- Dave Grohl and Prophets of Rage cover the MC5's 'Kick Out the Jams'
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, 'Seinfeld' cast 'bonked' by Jimmy Fallon
- Seth Meyers revises offer for Donald Trump show 'Chicago President'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...