Blessed, the roots-music veteran’s latest feels a little sleepy compared with 2008’s hard-rocking Little Honey. Though she delivers heartfelt laments like ”I Don’t Know How You’re Livin”’ with an impressive candor, Williams sometimes gets lost in the velvet-twang arrangements. One exception is ”Seeing Black,” a bitter rave-up inspired by her pal Vic Chesnutt”s recent suicide; there she even holds her own against a vinegary guitar solo from Elvis Costello. B?
BlessedBlessed, the roots-music veteran's latest feels a little sleepy compared with 2008's hard-rocking Little Honey. Though she...BlessedBlessed, the roots-music veteran's latest feels a little sleepy compared with 2008's hard-rocking Little Honey. Though she...2011-02-23
Lead Performer: Lucinda Williams; Music Label: Lost Highway
Posted February 23 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'