Carll is locked in a not-so-fierce battle with Ryan Bingham for the title of new king of alt-country. Here he splits the difference between Bingham’s tender musings and a more raucous brand of humor. It’s no surprise a guy best known for ”She Left Me for Jesus” would turn in a one-night-stand saga as funny as the Democratbeds- Republican duet ”Another Like You,” but he can play it beautifully straight — and sad — too. B+
Performers: Hayes Carll
Posted February 23 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters