Swedish songstress Lykke Li decamped to L.A. to write her second album, but it’s hardly a paean to sunshine: ”Sadness is my boyfriend,” a brokenhearted Li sings, sounding like a Nordic hybrid of Lou Reed and Darlene Love. While her 2008 breakout, Youth Novels, was quirky and coy, Wounded Rhymes is hungry, dark, dirty: ”I’m a prostitute, you gon’ get some,” she chants over ominous drums on the subversive single ”Get Some.” It’s futile to deny her. A
Wounded RhymesSwedish songstress Lykke Li decamped to L.A. to write her second album, but it's hardly a paean to sunshine: ''Sadness is my boyfriend,'' a brokenhearted...Wounded RhymesIndie RockSwedish songstress Lykke Li decamped to L.A. to write her second album, but it's hardly a paean to sunshine: ''Sadness is my boyfriend,'' a brokenhearted...2011-02-23
Genre: Indie Rock; Lead Performer: Lykke Li; Music Label: Atlantic
Posted February 23 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- Telluride Film Festival lineup announced
- Shonda Rhimes & Viola Davis look back on that 'angry black woman' piece
- Sienna Miller's role was cut from 'Black Mass'
- Phantogram's Sarah Barthel explains her rad guest spot on Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- Sphero's BB-8 toy: You want this
- See Ethan Hawke as Chet Baker in a 'Born to Be Blue' clip
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!