What does the “O” stand for? Good question – MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
Posted February 24 2011 — 12:54 PM EST
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'
- Shelley Long joins road trip film 'Different Flowers'
- Relive Hillary Clinton dancing to the 'Macarena' at the 1996 DNC
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation