What does the “O” stand for? Good question – MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
Posted February 24 2011 — 12:54 PM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade