What does the “O” stand for? Good question – MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
Posted February 24 2011 — 12:54 PM EST
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- Hollywood responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' rape scene controversy
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- Morrissey cancels remaining tour dates
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big