What does the “O” stand for? Good question – MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
Posted February 24 2011 — 12:54 PM EST
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos