What does the “O” stand for? Good question – MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
Posted January 18 2015 — 1:29 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!