What does the “O” stand for? Good question – MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
Posted February 24 2011 — 12:54 PM EST
- Melissa Leo cast in HBO's LBJ movie
- 'Star Wars,' 'Batman v Superman' and more -- here's your Comic-Con movies schedule
- 'Hateful Eight' First Look photo: Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson in Tarantino's 'snow Western'
- 7 photos of Matt Damon's new ponytail
- Robin Thicke finally reacts to 'Blurred Lines' case verdict
- Taylor Schilling on her swingers comedy 'The Overnight': 'The payoff is a lot of sweetness'
- See the schedule for Comic-Con's TV panels