What does the “O” stand for? Good question – MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
Posted February 24 2011 — 12:54 PM EST
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis to guest on 'Billy on the Street'
- 'Walking Dead' actor to guest on Fox's 'Minority Report'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!