Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
Posted February 25 2011 — 9:32 AM EST
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!