Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
Posted February 25 2011 — 9:32 AM EST
- Daniel Radcliffe says he was 'not wanking' on set of 'Harry Potter'
- Matthew Weiner will direct an episode of 'Orange is the New Black'
- Deathwatch Winter TV Survival Odds
- M.I.A. follows group of refugees in powerful 'Borders' video
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'The Flash,' 'HTGAWM,' 'Arrow,' & more
- Ridley Scott reveals how 'Alien: Covenant' will connect to 'Alien'
- J.K. Rowling explains why Harry Potter named his son after Snape