Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
Posted February 25 2011 — 9:32 AM EST
- The Monkees release new song written by XTC's Andy Partridge
- 'Killer POV' lives! Horror podcast team reassembles as 'Shock Waves'
- Arsenio Hall refutes Sinead O'Connor charge that he gave Prince drugs
- 'Bates Motel': Kerry Ehrin, Freddie Highmore on Monday's episode
- Kristen Stewart, Gabourey Sidibe to direct short films for Refinery29
- 'DWTS': Nyle DiMarco just got robbed of a 10... again
- Bono joins Lupita Nyong'o, 'Eclipsed' cast to remember kidnapped girls
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters