Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
Posted February 25 2011 — 9:32 AM EST
- HBO partners with Vice for daily newscast
- William Petersen of 'CSI' joins WGN's 'Manhattan'
- Watch an exclusive clip from Sunday's 'The Last Man on Earth'
- Cameron and Donna reboot their lives in exclusive clip from the new season of 'Halt and Catch Fire'
- Christina Hendricks loses face in exclusive NSFW featurette from Ryan Gosling's 'Lost River'
- Imagine Dragons, Cold War Kids, and Weezer join Rihanna, Zac Brown Band, and more to perform at March Madness Music Festival
- 'Walking Dead' finale: Gale Anne Hurd promises 'sad losses'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!