Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
Posted February 25 2011 — 9:32 AM EST
- 'Frozen' musical sets Broadway arrival for 2018
- Will Smith praises 'Fresh Prince' costar Janet Hubert after recent barbs
- Hall & Oates announce summer tour
- New study says female characters increased in 2015's top films
- Keira Knightley in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Stephen King thinks 'Dark Tower' movie will happen with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey
- 'The Maltese Falcon' returning to theaters for 75th anniversary