Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
Posted February 25 2011 — 9:32 AM EST
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release