Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
Posted February 25 2011 — 9:32 AM EST
- '12 Deadly Days' trailer promises mayhem under mistletoe
- Nat Geo's 'Mars' pulls off the tricky art of the pre-enactment
- 'Bingeworthy' hosts get honest about 'Fuller House'
- 'Homeland' casts 'Medium' star as alt-right media personality
- Grammy nominee Amy Schumer defends herself against haters on Instagram
- Barry Jenkins deconstructs the swimming lesson scene from 'Moonlight'
- 'Outlander:' Caitriona Balfe shares scoop from season 3
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans