Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
Posted February 25 2011 — 9:32 AM EST
- Julie Andrews to direct production of 'My Fair Lady'
- Jon Stewart provides one last overview of the 2016 presidential race
- Meek Mill debuts new rap about Drake during latest tour stop
- NBC reveals newcomer playing Dorothy in 'The Wiz'
- 'Castle' bosses reveal Beckett’s new job
- Demi Lovato & James Corden deliver singing telegrams
- Don Rickles roasts Jimmy Fallon: 'I never liked you'