And another awards season has ended. The 2010-2011 awards journey was a twisty one, with shifting Best Picture frontrunners and several colorful characters in the mix. In all, the awards themselves were a fairly predictable but classy affair. In my annual OscarWatch TV wrap-up video (filmed on the gold carpet at the Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party in West Hollywood), I give my final thoughts on all the big winners (including F-bomb thrower Melissa Leo) and the telecast in general. (You’ll see I’m a bit kinder to the hosts than most other people seem to be.) Thanks to you all for reading all of my posts and predictions over the last several months. We’ll start up again before we know it!
Posted February 28 2011 — 1:15 PM EST
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!