And another awards season has ended. The 2010-2011 awards journey was a twisty one, with shifting Best Picture frontrunners and several colorful characters in the mix. In all, the awards themselves were a fairly predictable but classy affair. In my annual OscarWatch TV wrap-up video (filmed on the gold carpet at the Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party in West Hollywood), I give my final thoughts on all the big winners (including F-bomb thrower Melissa Leo) and the telecast in general. (You’ll see I’m a bit kinder to the hosts than most other people seem to be.) Thanks to you all for reading all of my posts and predictions over the last several months. We’ll start up again before we know it!
Posted February 28 2011 — 1:15 PM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters