Showtime announced today that it has picked up Shameless, the gritty family drama starring William H. Macy, for a 12-episode second season; the meta-comedy Episodes (starring Matt LeBlanc as Matt LeBlanc) also received a second season order for an undetermined number of episodes. Shameless is averaging 4 million viewers a week (across the various Showtime platforms); Episodes is landing around 2 million per week. Both shows will begin production on their second seasons later this year.
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!