Christina Aguilera was detained last night on suspicion of public intoxication after the driver of the car she was in was arrested for driving under the influence, according to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The driver, Aguilera’s boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, was booked for DUI at around 2:45 a.m. after being stopped at the 1100 block of Clark Street in West Hollywood. According to a statement from the sheriff’s department, “Since she was not able to care for her safety and no one was available to ensure her safety, Aguilera was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Department officials stressed that she was not involved in any criminal activity and will be released when she can safely care for herself.”
Posted March 1 2011 — 9:52 AM EST
- SXSW 2016 Midnighters include 'Hush,' 'Pet,' remastered 'Phantasm'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Cabin Fever' remake director promises gore aplenty
- Scott Pilgrim complains about everything in 'Scott Pilgrim' honest trailer
- See Teresa Giudice's reunion with her family after her release from prison
- Pentatonix announce 2016 world tour dates
- 'Finding Dory' plays hide-and-seek in four new posters
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See 'Arrow' star Colton Haynes on 'The Grinder'