Christina Aguilera was detained last night on suspicion of public intoxication after the driver of the car she was in was arrested for driving under the influence, according to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The driver, Aguilera’s boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, was booked for DUI at around 2:45 a.m. after being stopped at the 1100 block of Clark Street in West Hollywood. According to a statement from the sheriff’s department, “Since she was not able to care for her safety and no one was available to ensure her safety, Aguilera was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Department officials stressed that she was not involved in any criminal activity and will be released when she can safely care for herself.”
Posted March 1 2011 — 9:52 AM EST
- Moby reflects on the iPod 15 years later: 'It felt like magic'
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans