With very little modification, the relationship woes of the six chirpy young New Yorkers in this (happythankyoumoreplease) self-absorbed indie could be reworked into episodes of TV’s How I Met Your Mother. The casting is in place: HIMYM star Josh Radnor — who also wrote and directed — plays a puppyish aspiring novelist with a knack for one-night stands (Kate Mara lasts a few nights longer). Good thing the guy’s got nice friends: One, a pretty, bald woman (Malin Akerman), phones him before a job interview to remind him to tuck in his shirt. C+
LOVING COUPLE Pablo Schreiber and Zoe Kazan in happythankyoumoreplease
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Josh Radnor, Malin Akerman, Zoe Kazan; Director: Josh Radnor; Author: Josh Radnor; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
Posted March 2 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Thrones' actor on new show: 'We don't need dragons. We got cocaine!'
- David Spade: 'Fameless' isn't mean-spirited — the contestants are too 'thirsty'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp': On the set of the prequel
- Azealia Banks: Australian crowds are 'violent' and 'terrible'
- Exclusive clip from TV satire 'Shooting the Warwicks' is unreal
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!