announced his next novel, 11/22/63, scheduled to be released by Scribner November 8th of this year. Described as a “1,000-page tour de force,” the story follows Jake Epping, a high school English teacher, who finds a secret portal to 1958 and takes on a mission to prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Jake finds himself in a new world of “Elvis and JFK, of American cars and sock hops,” and in the midst of growing accustomed to life in a past decade, he encounters a “troubled loner” Lee Harvey Oswald and falls in love with a beautiful librarian.Stephen King has
Posted March 2 2011 — 12:28 PM EST
- 'Marriage Boot Camp' welcomes... Jeff and Jordan from 'Big Brother?'
- U2 manager Dennis Sheehan dies
- 'Doctor Who' star Peter Capaldi to appear at Comic-Con
- Elizabeth Gillies: From child star to 'Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll'
- Grumpy Cat is getting a comic book series
- 'Orange is the New Black' star to join Broadway's 'The Color Purple'
- Exclusive: Cooper and Josh duke it out ahead of ‘Young & Hungry' spring finale
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!