No, your eyes do not deceive you: That’s James Bond himself, sporting a long blonde wig and a dress in the image to the left. Daniel Craig is wearing drag (seemingly as Bond) to support international womens’ day in a powerful new advertisement. Craig’s 007 co-star Judi Dench narrates the ad as Bond’s boss M, listing off an array of disturbing statistics – among them, “Women are responsible for two-thirds of the work done worldwide, yet earn only ten percent of the total income and own only one percent of the total property.” It’s a nice tweak on Bond’s rakish image. Check out the video below:
Posted March 7 2011 — 3:30 PM EST
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC