Charismatic Korean star Choi Min-sik found international fame as a man bent on revenge in Park Chan-wook’s Oldboy. In director Kim Jee-woon’s wildly violent, genre-pushing vengeance pic (I Saw the Devil), Choi goes to town as the embodiment of murdering, torturing evil; Lee Byung-hun plays the equally mono-minded special agent seeking maniacal revenge for the death of his pregnant fiancée. Somewhere in all the blood (sickening realism is a selling point), a question is posed: When does the one fighting a monster become a monster himself? B
SECRET AGENT Lee Byung-hun in I Saw The Devil
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Choi Min-Sik; Director: Kim Jee-Woon; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; Distributor: Magnet
Posted March 8 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters