Tonight begins the American Idol finals, that time when we begin supporting our favorite contestants through even the most horrible performances, and start unloading irrational hatred upon robotic 17-year-old hopefuls whose biggest crime was… you know, I have no idea what exactly David Archuleta ever did wrong, yet, clearly, I still somehow manage to resent him for existing on the Idol stage. (And, apparently, I’m still stuck in 2008. Fauxhawks are awesome, guys.) But anyway! We’re tuning in tonight to find out who will soar – and who we’ll abhor – during “Songs By Your Musical Idol” week. Live blogging at 8 p.m. ET with us will be People’s Aaron Parsley, who’ll give us his two cents about Idol’s future musical idols. And as always, be sure to check back later tonight for Annie Barrett’s recap of the episode. Like J.Lo, her write-up will shine. Click the jump to read our live blog!
Posted March 9 2011 — 7:30 PM EST
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital