Tonight begins the American Idol finals, that time when we begin supporting our favorite contestants through even the most horrible performances, and start unloading irrational hatred upon robotic 17-year-old hopefuls whose biggest crime was… you know, I have no idea what exactly David Archuleta ever did wrong, yet, clearly, I still somehow manage to resent him for existing on the Idol stage. (And, apparently, I’m still stuck in 2008. Fauxhawks are awesome, guys.) But anyway! We’re tuning in tonight to find out who will soar – and who we’ll abhor – during “Songs By Your Musical Idol” week. Live blogging at 8 p.m. ET with us will be People’s Aaron Parsley, who’ll give us his two cents about Idol’s future musical idols. And as always, be sure to check back later tonight for Annie Barrett’s recap of the episode. Like J.Lo, her write-up will shine. Click the jump to read our live blog!
Posted March 9 2011 — 7:30 PM EST
- Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, more confirm classic rock festival
- 'New Girl': Nick gets sassy with Schmidt's dad in exclusive clip
- Larry Wilmore responds to Piers Morgan's use of the n-word
- 'Star Wars: Bloodline' sheds new light on Princess Leia's darkest secrets
- 'Hamilton' makes Tonys history with record 16 nominations
- Lupita Nyong'o pens essay on why she chose 'Eclipsed' over Hollywood
- Why John Stamos is the perfect Mother's Day gift
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner