Tuesday brought us the theatrical trailer for Pixar’s newest movie, Cars 2 (out June 24), and now here’s the extended international trailer. The key difference? Much more of Finn McMissile (Michael Caine), a British secret agent/1960s sports car who’s not afraid to get his wheels dirty – did he just annihilate more than a dozen henchmen with a single explosive? Also, we discover that in addition to Tokyo, London, and Italy, Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) and his best bud Mater (Larry the Cable Guy) will also be stopping by Paris, where cars are a bit more public about their public displays of affection. One oddity from the trailer: When the subtitle “Italy” flashes by, why are we treated to a scene at Tokyo’s international airport? Regardless, the voice-over promises that McQueen and Mater will “experience more excitement, more danger, and more adventure than ever before!” Notice that the Japanese toilet has been categorized under “danger.” Check out the international trailer below:
Posted March 9 2011 — 9:38 PM EST
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers