Tom Shadyac, rich and famous from making blockbuster Jim Carrey comedies like Bruce Almighty, survived a cycling accident that nearly killed him. Now he sees the world differently, and he wants to share the good word in an earnest, lumpy macramé of a personal nonfiction project (I Am): Love is all you need, people! It’s time to downsize and skip the private jet! Spiritually rejuvenated, he’s still happy to show off his former gigundo mansion as he travels around interviewing philosophical smarties. They agree: Love is all you need. Then they hug. C
REEXAMINING LIFE Tom Shadyac interviews Desmond Tutu in I Am
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Noam Chomsky, Desmond Tutu; Director: Tom Shadyac; Release Date Limited: 02/18/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 80; Distributor: Paladin (II)
Posted March 9 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Matt Damon says 'Rounders' writers have sequel idea
- Matt Damon reveals HBO didn't renew 'Project Greenlight'
- Amber Heard claims Johnny Depp has been 'stonewalling' divorce proceedings
- Of Mice & Men's Austin Carlile: 'I was clinically dead for three hours'
- Grammy Foundation to honor B.B. King with tribute
- 'Shawshank Redemption' tree knocked down by high winds
- Adam Sandler's next Netflix movie adds Terry Crews, Kevin James, Nick Swardson