It doesn’t take a shrink to diagnose what’s ailing Theo (Chris Messina), a hirsute photographer three months away from marriage to the GF (Rashida Jones) with whom he shares a funky boho apartment in this (Monogamy) irksome dither of an indie drama: Theo’s got a raging case of Brooklynitis Hipsteria, a debilitating movie disease that turns adult male characters into immature, unreliable, T-shirted, bike-riding poseurs adept at using sophisticated photo-editing software but incapable of taking responsibility for what they want out of life. C
BROOKLYNITIS HIPSTERIA Chris Messina and Rashida Jones in Monogamy
Genre: Drama; Starring: Chris Messina, Meital Dohan, Rashida Jones; Director: Dana Adam Shapiro; Author: Dana Adam Shapiro, Evan M. Wiener; Runtime (in minutes): 94; Distributor: Oscilloscope Pictures
Posted March 9 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anderson Cooper pokes fun at himself for not knowing Clickhole was a parody site
- Rolling Stones release Clapton-featuring version of 'Brown Sugar'
- Foo Fighters invite 8-year-old fan to perform with them onstage
- Channing Tatum goes undercover at fake 'Magic Mike XXL' screening
- Yo La Tengo releases two covers off upcoming album
- Muse releases 'The Handler,' fifth new song from upcoming album
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Sasha Pieterse previews 'darkest season yet'