It doesn’t take a shrink to diagnose what’s ailing Theo (Chris Messina), a hirsute photographer three months away from marriage to the GF (Rashida Jones) with whom he shares a funky boho apartment in this (Monogamy) irksome dither of an indie drama: Theo’s got a raging case of Brooklynitis Hipsteria, a debilitating movie disease that turns adult male characters into immature, unreliable, T-shirted, bike-riding poseurs adept at using sophisticated photo-editing software but incapable of taking responsibility for what they want out of life. C
BROOKLYNITIS HIPSTERIA Chris Messina and Rashida Jones in Monogamy
Genre: Drama; Starring: Chris Messina, Meital Dohan, Rashida Jones; Director: Dana Adam Shapiro; Author: Dana Adam Shapiro, Evan M. Wiener; Runtime (in minutes): 94; Distributor: Oscilloscope Pictures
Posted March 9 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!