Producers of the Broadway musical American Idiot announced today that Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong will return to the role of St. Jimmy (currently played by AFI singer Davey Havok) on April 5 for the show’s final three weeks. This will mark Armstrong’s third turn as the rocking drug pusher in the play, which is based on his band’s 2004 album of the same name. American Idiot – which experienced a drop in ticket sales after Armstrong departed in late February – will close on April 24.
Posted March 10 2011 — 1:29 PM EST
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?