Abbas Kiarostami’s deft conversational drama (Certified Copy) has the appeal of a middle-aged Before Sunrise. In Tuscany, an ? English art historian (William Shimell) spends a long, rambling day with a Frenchwoman (Juliette Binoche) who came to hear him lecture. Then an enchantingly odd thing happens: The two start to pretend they know each other…and suddenly the playacting turns real. They do know each other, and the movie, like an art-house Vertigo, passes through a looking glass. The end will haunt you. (Also available on cable via on demand) A?
LUMINOUS BEAUTY Juliette Binoche in Certified Copy (Laurent Thurin Nal)
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Jean-Claude Carriere, William Shimell; Director: Abbas Kiarostami; Author: Abbas Kiarostami; Release Date Limited: 03/11/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 106
Posted March 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lena Dunham's mother was critical of her 'Scandal' performance
- Brie Larson and Jimmy Fallon play 'The Whisper Challenge' on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom