Abbas Kiarostami’s deft conversational drama (Certified Copy) has the appeal of a middle-aged Before Sunrise. In Tuscany, an ? English art historian (William Shimell) spends a long, rambling day with a Frenchwoman (Juliette Binoche) who came to hear him lecture. Then an enchantingly odd thing happens: The two start to pretend they know each other…and suddenly the playacting turns real. They do know each other, and the movie, like an art-house Vertigo, passes through a looking glass. The end will haunt you. (Also available on cable via on demand) A?
LUMINOUS BEAUTY Juliette Binoche in Certified Copy (Laurent Thurin Nal)
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Jean-Claude Carriere, William Shimell; Director: Abbas Kiarostami; Author: Abbas Kiarostami; Runtime (in minutes): 106
Posted March 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!