Abbas Kiarostami’s deft conversational drama (Certified Copy) has the appeal of a middle-aged Before Sunrise. In Tuscany, an ? English art historian (William Shimell) spends a long, rambling day with a Frenchwoman (Juliette Binoche) who came to hear him lecture. Then an enchantingly odd thing happens: The two start to pretend they know each other…and suddenly the playacting turns real. They do know each other, and the movie, like an art-house Vertigo, passes through a looking glass. The end will haunt you. (Also available on cable via on demand) A?
LUMINOUS BEAUTY Juliette Binoche in Certified Copy (Laurent Thurin Nal)
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Jean-Claude Carriere, William Shimell; Director: Abbas Kiarostami; Author: Abbas Kiarostami; Release Date Limited: 03/11/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 106
Posted March 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'A Monster Calls' release set for awards season
- Sturgill Simpson slams Academy of Country Music over Merle Haggard Award
- 'The Fosters': EP gives hope for season 4B after that intense finale
- Natalie Portman has a good reason for not showing her son 'Star Wars'
- John Lennon's killer was denied parole for the ninth time
- Derek Hough confirms 'Dancing With the Stars' return
- Margaret Qualley dances, shoots lasers in Spike Jonze's perfume ad