Abbas Kiarostami’s deft conversational drama (Certified Copy) has the appeal of a middle-aged Before Sunrise. In Tuscany, an ? English art historian (William Shimell) spends a long, rambling day with a Frenchwoman (Juliette Binoche) who came to hear him lecture. Then an enchantingly odd thing happens: The two start to pretend they know each other…and suddenly the playacting turns real. They do know each other, and the movie, like an art-house Vertigo, passes through a looking glass. The end will haunt you. (Also available on cable via on demand) A?
LUMINOUS BEAUTY Juliette Binoche in Certified Copy (Laurent Thurin Nal)
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Jean-Claude Carriere, William Shimell; Director: Abbas Kiarostami; Author: Abbas Kiarostami; Release Date Limited: 03/11/2011; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 106
Posted March 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Days of Our Lives' exclusive: 50th anniversary to feature a killer twist
- Cara Delevingne laughs off that awkward 'Paper Towns' interview on Instagram
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- What are the critics saying about 'Rogue Nation'?
- 'Descendants' react: What did you think?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!