Abbas Kiarostami’s deft conversational drama (Certified Copy) has the appeal of a middle-aged Before Sunrise. In Tuscany, an ? English art historian (William Shimell) spends a long, rambling day with a Frenchwoman (Juliette Binoche) who came to hear him lecture. Then an enchantingly odd thing happens: The two start to pretend they know each other…and suddenly the playacting turns real. They do know each other, and the movie, like an art-house Vertigo, passes through a looking glass. The end will haunt you. (Also available on cable via on demand) A?
LUMINOUS BEAUTY Juliette Binoche in Certified Copy (Laurent Thurin Nal)
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Juliette Binoche, Jean-Claude Carriere, William Shimell; Director: Abbas Kiarostami; Author: Abbas Kiarostami; Release Date Limited: 03/11/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 106
Posted March 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Laura Linney talks her memorable 'Nocturnal Animals' cameo, Tom Ford
- Hear an exclusive preview of Michael Giacchino's 'Rogue One' Score
- Jennifer Lawrence responds after Hawaii sacred site story draws backlash
- 'Sherlock' season 4 to screen in theaters
- 'Community' mini-reunion alert: Yvette Nicole Brown to guest on 'Dr. Ken'
- 'This Is Us' stars share adorable double-family photo from set
- Inside the art of 'Star Wars' artist Ralph McQuarrie