Fans of Parks and Recreation, you may breathe a sigh of relief: Rob Lowe isn’t leaving Indiana. Despite rumors that the actor could replace the fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men – an idea, by the way, that even got Sheen’s endorsement – Parks executive producer Mike Schur tells EW that there is “zero truth” to that scenario. “Rob is a full-time cast member and his contract extends many years in the future, so there’s no possible way that could happen,” he says. “It was a classic Internet rumor that got way out of hand.” Borrowing a word from Lowe’s character, ultra-optimistic auditor Chris Traeger, Schur declared: ”There is literally no chance that he can go to another show right now.” Lowe guest starred on the final two episodes of season 2 before becoming a regular cast member on Parks this season.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!