Fans of Parks and Recreation, you may breathe a sigh of relief: Rob Lowe isn’t leaving Indiana. Despite rumors that the actor could replace the fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men – an idea, by the way, that even got Sheen’s endorsement – Parks executive producer Mike Schur tells EW that there is “zero truth” to that scenario. “Rob is a full-time cast member and his contract extends many years in the future, so there’s no possible way that could happen,” he says. “It was a classic Internet rumor that got way out of hand.” Borrowing a word from Lowe’s character, ultra-optimistic auditor Chris Traeger, Schur declared: ”There is literally no chance that he can go to another show right now.” Lowe guest starred on the final two episodes of season 2 before becoming a regular cast member on Parks this season.
Posted March 10 2011 — 2:09 PM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters