Fans of Parks and Recreation, you may breathe a sigh of relief: Rob Lowe isn’t leaving Indiana. Despite rumors that the actor could replace the fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men – an idea, by the way, that even got Sheen’s endorsement – Parks executive producer Mike Schur tells EW that there is “zero truth” to that scenario. “Rob is a full-time cast member and his contract extends many years in the future, so there’s no possible way that could happen,” he says. “It was a classic Internet rumor that got way out of hand.” Borrowing a word from Lowe’s character, ultra-optimistic auditor Chris Traeger, Schur declared: ”There is literally no chance that he can go to another show right now.” Lowe guest starred on the final two episodes of season 2 before becoming a regular cast member on Parks this season.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- 10 reasons Met Ball fashion is more fun than the Oscars red carpet
- 'Walking Dead' actor Seth Gilliam arrested for DUI, speeding
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' soundtrack gets a remix album
- James Gunn weighs in on Joss Whedon fleeing Twitter
- Shondaland to produce adaptation of 'The Warmth of Other Suns' for FX
- Joan Jett, Miley Cyrus perform 'Different' for charity
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!