Fans of Parks and Recreation, you may breathe a sigh of relief: Rob Lowe isn’t leaving Indiana. Despite rumors that the actor could replace the fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men – an idea, by the way, that even got Sheen’s endorsement – Parks executive producer Mike Schur tells EW that there is “zero truth” to that scenario. “Rob is a full-time cast member and his contract extends many years in the future, so there’s no possible way that could happen,” he says. “It was a classic Internet rumor that got way out of hand.” Borrowing a word from Lowe’s character, ultra-optimistic auditor Chris Traeger, Schur declared: ”There is literally no chance that he can go to another show right now.” Lowe guest starred on the final two episodes of season 2 before becoming a regular cast member on Parks this season.
Posted March 10 2011 — 2:09 PM EST
- Dakota Johnson hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!