Fans of Parks and Recreation, you may breathe a sigh of relief: Rob Lowe isn’t leaving Indiana. Despite rumors that the actor could replace the fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men – an idea, by the way, that even got Sheen’s endorsement – Parks executive producer Mike Schur tells EW that there is “zero truth” to that scenario. “Rob is a full-time cast member and his contract extends many years in the future, so there’s no possible way that could happen,” he says. “It was a classic Internet rumor that got way out of hand.” Borrowing a word from Lowe’s character, ultra-optimistic auditor Chris Traeger, Schur declared: ”There is literally no chance that he can go to another show right now.” Lowe guest starred on the final two episodes of season 2 before becoming a regular cast member on Parks this season.
Posted March 10 2011 — 2:09 PM EST
- See the exclusive trailer for Anthony Jeselnik's Netflix special
- Gilmore Girls 15th Anniversary: A (very detailed) look at the best of Sookie St. James
- George Miller has more 'Mad Max' films planned
- Hayley Atwell and Clark Gregg will war on 'Lip Sync Battle' — exclusive
- 'Pepsi Perfect' bottles coming to commemorate 'Back to the Future II'
- 'Project Greenlight': Jason makes the important decision of the season
- 'Doctor Who' showrunner on the fate of the sonic screwdriver