Fans of Parks and Recreation, you may breathe a sigh of relief: Rob Lowe isn’t leaving Indiana. Despite rumors that the actor could replace the fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men – an idea, by the way, that even got Sheen’s endorsement – Parks executive producer Mike Schur tells EW that there is “zero truth” to that scenario. “Rob is a full-time cast member and his contract extends many years in the future, so there’s no possible way that could happen,” he says. “It was a classic Internet rumor that got way out of hand.” Borrowing a word from Lowe’s character, ultra-optimistic auditor Chris Traeger, Schur declared: ”There is literally no chance that he can go to another show right now.” Lowe guest starred on the final two episodes of season 2 before becoming a regular cast member on Parks this season.
Posted March 10 2011 — 2:09 PM EST
- Here are the TV marathons you can binge this Fourth of July weekend
- 'Star Wars' comic sets up 'Force Awakens'
- In this week's EW: 'Unbreakable' — An Oral History
- 'Empire' recurring role for Marisa Tomei
- What movie should you see this Fourth of July weekend?
- This is the best rom-com for people who don't like rom-coms
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' and 'Fargo' trading cards for Comic-Con: First Look