Fans of Parks and Recreation, you may breathe a sigh of relief: Rob Lowe isn’t leaving Indiana. Despite rumors that the actor could replace the fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men – an idea, by the way, that even got Sheen’s endorsement – Parks executive producer Mike Schur tells EW that there is “zero truth” to that scenario. “Rob is a full-time cast member and his contract extends many years in the future, so there’s no possible way that could happen,” he says. “It was a classic Internet rumor that got way out of hand.” Borrowing a word from Lowe’s character, ultra-optimistic auditor Chris Traeger, Schur declared: ”There is literally no chance that he can go to another show right now.” Lowe guest starred on the final two episodes of season 2 before becoming a regular cast member on Parks this season.
Posted March 10 2011 — 2:09 PM EST
- WATCH: Jack Osbourne on his 'awkward, terrible years' on family's reality show
- Bianca Del Rio nabs comedy special, 'Not Today Bianca'
- NBC eyes 'Will & Grace' revival in wake of successful election short
- '24: Legacy' trailer views catching up with 'This Is Us' record
- Ang Lee on entering ‘unknown territory’ with high-tech 'Billy Lynn'
- 'The Walking Dead': Huge return cements its status as appointment TV
- Find out who won EW's Best Pop Culture President bracket