Fans of Parks and Recreation, you may breathe a sigh of relief: Rob Lowe isn’t leaving Indiana. Despite rumors that the actor could replace the fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men – an idea, by the way, that even got Sheen’s endorsement – Parks executive producer Mike Schur tells EW that there is “zero truth” to that scenario. “Rob is a full-time cast member and his contract extends many years in the future, so there’s no possible way that could happen,” he says. “It was a classic Internet rumor that got way out of hand.” Borrowing a word from Lowe’s character, ultra-optimistic auditor Chris Traeger, Schur declared: ”There is literally no chance that he can go to another show right now.” Lowe guest starred on the final two episodes of season 2 before becoming a regular cast member on Parks this season.
Posted March 10 2011 — 2:09 PM EST
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!