The Irishman in this savory TV-size bit of 1970s Cleveland Mob history is Danny Greene (Rome’s appealingly beefy Ray Stevenson), a local gangster-of-the-people who crossed the wrong guys when he defied the business plans of the Mafia. The structure of the storytelling in Kill the Irishman is pretty square, but the cast is tasty, including Vincent D’Onofrio as a friendly fellow Mob guy, Val Kilmer as the head of the Cleveland PD, Christopher Walken as an underworld power broker, and a bunch of character actors hoping for a remake of The Sopranos. B
MOB WAR Christopher Walken in Kill the Irishman (Kim Simms)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ray Stevenson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Val Kilmer, Christopher Walken; Director: Jonathan Hensleigh; Author: Jonathan Hensleigh, Rick Porrello, Jeremy Walters; Release Date Limited: 03/11/2011; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
Posted March 11 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!