The Irishman in this savory TV-size bit of 1970s Cleveland Mob history is Danny Greene (Rome’s appealingly beefy Ray Stevenson), a local gangster-of-the-people who crossed the wrong guys when he defied the business plans of the Mafia. The structure of the storytelling in Kill the Irishman is pretty square, but the cast is tasty, including Vincent D’Onofrio as a friendly fellow Mob guy, Val Kilmer as the head of the Cleveland PD, Christopher Walken as an underworld power broker, and a bunch of character actors hoping for a remake of The Sopranos. B
MOB WAR Christopher Walken in Kill the Irishman (Kim Simms)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ray Stevenson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Val Kilmer, Christopher Walken; Director: Jonathan Hensleigh; Author: Jonathan Hensleigh, Rick Porrello, Jeremy Walters; Release Date Limited: 03/11/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
Posted March 11 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!